Saturday, March 4, 2017

(Re)Introduction and Chessalutations

     Welcome to my RGV Chess Blog!  I am Cody Pemberton, around a 1600 USCF player currently, returning to active involvement in the chess community.  In the past, I was coach of the Alamo Middle School and PSJA Memorial High School chess teams from 1996 to 2006, a local tournament director, and the first webmaster of the Region 8 website for a couple of years after its formation.  For the past 8-10 years, I have played in a handful of tournaments and run the chess club at South Texas High School for the Health Professions (Med High).
     Chess never really leaves you.  Over the past couple of years, I have seen my own kids take an interest in chess, students at school express interest in playing chess competitively, and my own ideas and aspirations in chess grow.  Some projects I have worked on recently are a scholastic chess novel, Rivals of the Board, presently in a completed rough draft form with sequels and a prequel novel planned.  I also have a chess card game I am presently developing (in its very early stages).  I have an idea for a series of small scholastic chess books geared toward learning various aspects of chess.  Returning to online team league play through the Lichess Team 45 45 League (more about this in a future post) is another fantastic medium to get the competitive juices flowing.  And finally, if all of that is not enough chess, this blog will be the place to create chess content I want to share publicly that does not fit elsewhere.
     This blog is an expression of my own opinions and does not necessarily reflect the views of my school district or other chess institutions.  The content I release will be geared toward various levels of chess ability and interest.  I hope you find my chess ramblings interesting, entertaining, informative, or at least thought provoking.  May your kings always have a safe square!

No comments:

Post a Comment